|Title:||IT Standards Engineer|
IT Standards Engineer
Are you tired of fighting fires in your IT job? Have you ever wanted to build a network the right way, to make the infrastructure bulletproof? In this role, you will not have the daily distraction of break/fix and will have an opportunity to be truly proactive and make substantial improvements to core infrastructure, security, backup and DR, etc. You will interact in person with customers and will be exposed to IT and Cybersecurity standards.
The IT Standards Engineer (ITSE) will act as the technical account manager for 15 to 18 managed services customers. You will visit these sites on a regular schedule and perform proactive audits of clients' IT environment. The ITSE will work directly with Nucentric’s vCIO to identify and correct technical “gaps” in the clients’ security posture, core infrastructure. You will participate in our standards committee at Nucentric whose mission is to review and evolve our IT standards.
• Intermediate proficiency in Windows Server OS (2008 R2, 2012, 2016, 2019)
• Intermediate knowledge of small business networking concepts (Active Directory, VPN’s, firewall, routers, TCP/IP, etc)
• Completed industry training is a plus (MCSA, MCSE, MCP, CCNA, CCNP, A+, Net+, etc.)
• Previous hands-on experience with small business networking.
• Employer paid health insurance
• Retirement plan with employer matching contributions
• Cell phone allowance
• Paid holidays
• PTO (Vacation/Sick Leave)
• Quarterly performance-based team bonuses
• Training benefit - allotted training time given during work week, qualified certs paid for, salary incentive for cert completion
Nucentric Solutions is a leading provider of managed network services and network consulting in the Charlotte and surrounding area since 2002.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: